GDPR Data Regulation
The European Union GDPR regulation, which came into effect from 25th May 2018, gives you a number of additional rights. Lite RADIO is required to adhere to these new regulations, and this page will outline how we are going to do this and what you can do if you have given us personal data in the past.
As a matter of course, Lite RADIO does not use 'mailing lists' to contact listeners who have previously supplied us with their information, for example when they entered a competition or asked a question via a web form on our website.
When We Hold Your Information
The following circumstances outline when we may hold information about you:
- When you send an email to our team, information which you provide within the body of the email will be visible to us. In addition, standard email header attributes such as your email address will also be available to us. You have the right to request that we delete all emails you have sent to us on demand, and you can see how to do this in the 'Right to Be Forgotten' section of the page.
- When you add an event to our events calendar, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your event has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you add a business to our local directory, you are asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. This is used for anti-spam purposes to ensure you are not a spambot and will only be used for this verification purpose. You will receive a single email to confirm your business has been added to the website, after which we will not contact you again.
- When you fill in details using another web form on our website, this information will be available to authorised data controllers within our organisation. All forms created after May 25th 2018 are fully compliant with GDPR, and you can see specific information on the forms themselves.
All form information will be held for only as long as is necessary for the purpose of the form. For example, a form allowing you to enter a competition will have all personal data deleted once the winner of the competition has been announced and contacted. This will be detailed in the form itself.
- If you have sent Lite RADIO a text message, your mobile number and any additional metadata will be visible within our text message system. Lite RADIO will then retain all text messages for a maximum of one year, after which they will be deleted. This includes your mobile number and any metadata we may have added to your number.
Right To Be Forgotten
GDPR gives you the right to be forgotten. It means you can ask us to delete every piece of personal information we hold about you.
To request a deletion, please contact us and include as much information as possible so that we can deal with your request.